There is a big advantage to (P1+P2) continuity as your learning curve is much steeper and you achieve more as well.
If flying fascinates you then it's a good idea to take some time off to fly more and really get a deeper sense of this beautiful nature sport.
You also earn your first flying License.
- Avi Malik
APPI Open Sky Pilot License Course
7 Day APPI Open Sky Pilot License Course is the first step one can take to achieve APPI Rating to become
an APPI Open Sky Licensed Paragliding Pilot.
1) To achieve an OPEN SKY PILOT RATING. This means you can now introduce yourself to the sport
of Paragliding to pursue your flying as a hobby pilot. Open Sky Pilot is the first degree in the APPI
Education System. The student learns how to install and control the wing on the ground and
have his/her first solo (short duration) and soaring flight (long duration) experiences.
2) To achieve APPI Open sky Pilot license. With this rating/license, the pilot is allowed to fly ONLY with radio communication and under Instructor’s supervision. Please read eligibility criteria of the course at http://appifly.org/?Open-Sky-Pilot.
Syllabus - This course covers all that is part of the P1-Introductory course, P2-Novice course. However since there is continuity in the training one achieves much more in a 7 Day course in terms of a number of flights, pilot competency level and confidence to fly.
The course covers
1) Site and Wind assessment - Basic
2) Ground Handling - Glider control practice
3) Take off & Landing techniques (Bunny Hops)
4) Flight briefing and mental preparation
5) Solo Flights from Training Hill under Radio supervision
6) Independent Pre-Flight preparation and Flight planning
7) Independent Solo Flights without Radio supervision
8) Independent Post Flight Procedures
9) Site and Wind assessment - Advanced
10) Kiting sessions for better glider control and active piloting
11) Instructional Tandem - To get comfortable with soaring flight, high altitude and manoeuvres
12) Soaring Flights - Initially under guidance followed by independent soaring flights
13) Initially under guidance followed by independent approaches and landings
14) Fly at different flying sites
15) Log a minimum of 8 flights
1) Introductory Brief
2) Personalized Briefing and Debriefing sessions
3) Basic Theory class - Introduction to Equipment and Aerodynamics
4) Basic Simulator Sessions - Solo Flight Preparation
5) Basic Written Examination
6) Video Training Films with Instructor
7) Verbal Requirement Tasks as mentioned in the Certification book
8) Advance Theory classes - Capsule 1, 2 covering Micro Meteorology, Airmanship, Flight Safety, Aerodynamics and Psychological Aspects of flying.
9) Advanced Simulator Training Sessions - In Flight Maneuvers
10) APPI Open Sky Pilot License written Examination
11) Understanding of recommended operating limitations for the level
Templepilots has a fun team of APPI Qualified and Licensed Instructors with loads of experience in training. Their love for flying is infectious and they will go out of their way to make learning to fly an easy & enjoyable experience at every level. Personalized attention is given to each student at every stage of his learning. We like to teach generously to make happy, competent & safe Pilots. We look forward to sharing the skies and the joys of flying with as many as we can. Read more about our instructors at https://templepilots.com/our-team
APPI provides a paragliding license based on a high level of paragliding, and an education system that is recognized internationally among all APPI schools worldwide, and partner Associations and Federations.Procedure to get your APPI Open Sky Pilot License -
After getting all your Instructor Sign Offs in your Certification book that covers
1) Witnessed Tasks
2) Verbal Requirements
3) Logged Requirements
4) Written Examination
5) Final Assessment by Senior Instructor or CFI
We will directly apply to APPI for your Open Sky Pilot License. Master Instructor Avi Malik is authorized
to issue you this license and no further authorization is required. Once applied you will instantly get a
confirmation mail and your license number. You will get a dedicated login account with APPI. The license
fee currently is 35 Euros for the first year, which you will be paying directly to APPI, Switzerland. Your
license will be delivered to your given postal address directly by APPI.
Subsequently, renewal fees are 27 Euros per year.
Please read about APPI, their Education & Rating system, advantages & license benefits here at http://appifly.org/
We look forward to fulfilling your dream to fly,
We look forward to making this an experience of a lifetime,
We look forward to welcoming you to the wonderful world of free flying,