Coming from a fighter flying background I know how important it is, as a pilot, to know what your glider can & can't do, how far you can push it and how to recognise & recover from situations you may encounter during your XC & Acro flying. This is the course that will truly make you comfortable under your wing and give you real confidence in your ability to handle your glider well
- your First Solo Flight.
- Avi Malik
Simulation Of Incidents In Flight
The SIV is primarily a Safety Training Course. This Course is designed to know the glider’s limits and learn to avoid and recover from flight incidents. You will learn about your glider's behaviour and how to give correct inputs in different unstable situations. It’s a progression for solo pilots on their way to becoming Advanced pilots.
The course will be tailored to your individual needs and experience and the manoeuvres will be introduced progressively. The four-day course will give you plenty of time to learn from other pilots and their flights, as well as your own.
This course manoeuvres will be conducted above water, with a safety boat, by APPI Master Instructor Avi Malik who is a Qualified SIV Instructor.
1) The aim of SIV is to teach you about the handling characteristics of your wing at the edges of its flight envelope.
2) To achieve APPI SIV Pilot license. Please read eligibility criteria of the course at https://appifly.org/?Advanced-SIV-Pilot.
The course covers
1. Full stall
2. Tailslide / Back fly
3. 90-degree spin
4. Spin to tail Slide
5. Minimum Speed
6. Exit from the autorotation
7. Exit Spiral dive (dynamic and progressive)
1. Wing overs(Optional)
2. 360 degrees flat to deep to flat
3. Collapse on speed bar
4. Dynamic spin
5. Reserve deployment
6. Glider stabilization
7. Back fly on the ground
8. Spin on the ground
1. Introductory Brief
2. Gear check and equipment settings
3. Personalized briefing and debriefing sessions
4. Advanced Simulator Training Sessions - In Flight Maneuvers
5. Video Training Films with Instructor
6. Flight mechanics, speed range, stability and instability of profile
7. Pitch control/Energy/Timing/Body position/Overreaction
8. Fast descent techniques
9. Mechanics of stall and spin
10. Reserve deployment process, opening situations & procedures
11. Stress and emotion management
12. Adrenaline rush, risk control, over/underconfidence
Temple Pilots has a fun team of APPI Qualified and Licensed Instructors with loads of experience in training. Their love for flying is infectious and they will go out of their way to make learning to fly an easy & enjoyable experience at every level. Personalized attention is given to each student at every stage of his learning. We like to teach generously to make happy, competent & safe Pilots. We look forward to sharing the skies and the joys of flying with as many as we can. Read more about our instructors.
APPI provides a paragliding license based on a high level of paragliding, and an education system that is recognized internationally among all APPI schools worldwide, and partner Associations and Federations.
After getting all your Instructor Sign Offs in your Certification book that covers
1. Witnessed Tasks
2. Logged Requirements
3. Final Assessment by CFI
We will directly apply to APPI for your SIV Pilot License. Our Instructors and APPI Master Instructor Avi Malik is authorized to issue you this license and no further authorization is required. Once applied you will instantly get a confirmation mail and your license number. You will get a dedicated login account with APPI. The license fee currently is 35 Euros for the first year, which you will be paying directly to APPI, Switzerland. Your license will be delivered to your given postal address directly by APPI.
Subsequently, renewal fees are 27 Euros per year.
Please read about APPI, their Education & Rating system, advantages & license benefits here at http://appifly.org/
We look forward to fulfilling your dream to fly,
We look forward to making this an experience of a lifetime,
We look forward to welcoming you to the wonderful world of free-flying,